A capacity 5,000 runners, representing 32 states, competed in the event, which fundraises for the MACC Fund (Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer, Inc.) and was sponsored by Sendik's Food Markets.
"The MACC Fund was honored to be the charitable beneficiary of the inaugural Brewers Mini," said John Cary, executive director of the MACC Fund. "We were thrilled with the incredible response of the runners, who raised over $111,000 for pediatric cancer and blood disorder research."
The 13.1-mile mini-marathon began at Miller Park and steered its participants through several notable Milwaukee landmarks, including the Miller Valley, the Harley-Davidson Museum and the Mitchell Park Conservatory, among others.
The top three finishes for both women and men are below:
1. Dani Fischer of Madison, Wis. 1:18:49
2. Elizabeth Brothen of West Allis, Wis. 1:29:45
3. Carly Windt of Milwaukee, Wis. 1:29:57
1. Ryan Richardson of Franklin, Wis. 1:13:18
2. Rodee Schneider of Appleton, Wis. 1:14:44
3. Ryan Kruger of Iowa City, Iowa 1:15:22