The 4th Annual Brewers Community Foundation Week begins today and features a week of activities at Miller Park to highlight the Foundation’s charitable impact in the community. BCF’s focused areas of interest are Health, Education, Recreation and Basic Needs with the activities throughout the week raising funds to support causes in each of the four areas. BCF Week and the BCF Week Ultimate Auction are presented by The 2013 Leadership Council which is comprised of BMO Harris Bank, Delta Dental, Delzer Lithograph, Kapco, MillerCoors, Northwestern Mutual Foundation, Wisconsin Energy Foundation and West Bend Mutual.
Also, a reminder that fans eat free during the month of August: All ticketed fans attending any Brewers home games in August will receive a $10 voucher for free concessions, merchandise and game tickets at Miller Park (only excluding Friday's Front Row, portable merchandise stands, Heavenly Roasted Nuts Portables, the Johnson Controls Stadium Club and All-Inclusive entertaining areas). Vouchers may be combined, meaning that fans attending with friends and family members, or those attending multiple games, can combine the vouchers for larger purchases.
Thursday, August 15 vs. Cincinnati, 7:10 p.m.
• Autograph Alley: Fans will have the opportunity to take a photograph with various Brewers alumni, starting when the gates open until 7:45 p.m. Photos will be available for $10 per person at the BCF Week tables located on the Field Level concourse next to Guest Relations (outside section 116). Fans must provide their own camera for the photos and the schedule of alumni is TBD.
• KaBoom Playground Build: More than 200 volunteers from the Brewers, YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee, organizers from KaBOOM! and residents of the Milwaukee community will join forces to build a new playground on the grounds of Northside YMCA, which is located at 12th and North Avenue. Brewers players and wives, staff and alumni will participate. The KaBoom Playground Build is part of Beyond the Diamond, a series of community outreach events during the season. These events involve partnering with Brewers Community Foundation, players/coaches, Brewers Wives, alumni and team personnel to work hands-on in the community. The community events are funded in part by Brewers Community Foundation.
Friday, August 16 vs. Cincinnati, 7:10 p.m.
• Southwest Airlines Can Coozie: In celebration of Bernie Brewer’s birthday and as part of “Birthday Weekend at Bernie’s,” the first 20,000 fans to enter the gates at Miller Park will receive a free Bernie Brewer can coozie, compliments of Southwest Airlines.
• Brewers Community Foundation Carnival: Fans will have the chance to play Plinko, Brewers Prize Wheel and Bags for Prizes at the BCF Week tables located on the Field Level concourse (outside section 116). Prizes will include Brewers game tickets, bobbleheads, hats, pins and authenticated Brewers locker name plates.
• Time Warner Cable Student Night: College and high school students can purchase $9 Terrace Reserved and $11.50 Loge Bleacher tickets (Excluding Miller Lite Beerpen) courtesy of Time Warner Cable. The first 250 students to redeem their tickets from Time Warner Cable Student Night Section 233 will receive a free t-shirt (free t-shirt does not apply to Obstructed View Section 233 tickets). For more information, call (414) 902-4000 or visit Brewers.com/students.
• Miller Lite Beerpen: All fans 21 and older can be a part of the Miller Lite Beerpen in the Right Field Loge Bleachers. Tickets are $23 and include a Brewers t-shirt and special entertainment in the Miller Lite Beerpen. For more information, call (414) 902-4000 or visit Brewers.com/beerpen.
Saturday, August 17 vs. Cincinnati, 6:10 p.m.
• Brewers Wives Mystery Grab Bag Event: Players’ wives will sell autographed baseballs from their husbands. Fans can purchase a mystery bag for a $40 donation to the Brewers Community Foundation and the Meta House. The wives will be stationed at the Hot Corner, Home Plate entrance near Guest Relations and the Right Field corner. The proceeds will go to Brewers Community Foundation in support of the Meta House. The Meta House offers substance abuse treatment services to help women reclaim their lives from the effects of drugs and alcohol.
• Autograph Saturdays for Kids presented by U.S. Bank: Prior to Saturday’s game, various Brewers players and coaches will autograph photo cards for kids 14 and under from 4:45pm to 5:05pm. Subject to change. Compliments of U.S. Bank.
• Airline Ticket Giveaways: In celebration of Bernie Brewer’s birthday and as part of “Birthday Weekend at Bernie’s,” the Milwaukee Brewers will have roundtrip airline ticket giveaways every inning, courtesy of Southwest Airlines.
• Brewers Sponsor Coupon Book: The first 25,000 fans 18 and over will receive a Brewers Sponsor Coupon Book, featuring special offerings from Brewers corporate partners and an exclusive 2-for-1 Brewers ticket offer.
Sunday, August 18 vs. Cincinnati, 1:10 p.m.
• Brewers Kids Club Day: Brewers Kids Club members will have the opportunity to participate in a pregame on-field parade around the warning track.
• Brewers Community Foundation Treasure Hunt: Game-used items from past games and seasons will be available for purchase in a special treasure hunt at the BCF Week tables located on the Field Level concourse next to Guest Relations (outside section 116). Items include bats, baseballs, jerseys and other items of interest.
• Pink Tie Guy: The ‘Pink Tie Guy’ event has returned by popular demand. This year’s elegant evening will be held at Blu at the Pfister Hotel in Downtown Milwaukee. Donations of $1,000 per couple are requested. Donors receive a specially designed Pink Tie and attend a cocktail reception that includes Doug and Ellen Melvin, Honorary Pink Tie Guy Hank Aaron and a host of Brewers players, coaches and other front office staff.
• Party on the Plaza: Join Bernie Brewer, the Klement’s Famous Racing Sausages and other mascots for “Party on the Plaza” prior to Sunday’s game as part of “Birthday Weekend at Bernie’s.” Located between Friday’s Front Row Sports Grill and the Clocktower Entrance to Miller Park, the Party on the Plaza will feature music, games, clowns, face painters and more from 11am to 1pm.
• Kids Eat Free: As part of “Birthday Weekend at Bernie’s,” all kids 16 and under will receive a voucher for a free Klement’s hot dog, Pepsi product and Blue Bunny ice cream.
• Blue Bunny Ice Cream Sunday: The first 2,000 fans 12 and under will receive a voucher redeemable for a free Blue Bunny Ice Cream treat upon entering Miller Park.
Monday, August 19 vs. St. Louis, 7:10 p.m.
• Miller High Life Monday: Fans may purchase Terrace Reserved seats for Monday home games throughout the season for just $9, courtesy of Miller High Life. For more information please call (414) 902-4000.
• Bobble Bonanza: Brewers bobbleheads will be available for $5 each at the BCF Week tables located on the Field Level concourse next to Guest Relations (outside section 116). A certain allotment of each bobblehead will be autographed by that player. Bobbleheads include those from Norichika Aoki, John Axford, Carlos Gomez and former Brewer Nyjer Morgan.
Tuesday, August 20 vs. St. Louis, 7:10 p.m.
• Players Raffle: Fans have the chance to buy raffle tickets for $1 per ticket to win one of the four autographed jerseys that are being raffled off, including a Jonathan Lucroy autographed batting practice jersey, a Corey Hart autographed batting practice jersey, an Aramis Ramirez Cerveceros jersey and a Yovani Gallardo autographed retro jersey. After purchasing raffle tickets at the BCF Week tables located on the Field Level concourse next to Guest Relations (outside section 116), fans can put their tickets into the bin for the player of their choosing. A winner will be drawn to win each player’s autographed jersey and announced during the game. The winners will have until the end of the seventh inning to claim their prize.
VA Medical Center in Milwaukee Visit: On August 20, Brewers players, staff and alumni will visit with patients at the VA Medical Center in Milwaukee. Beyond the Diamond is a series of community outreach events during the season that involves partnering with Brewers Community Foundation, players/coaches, Brewers Wives, alumni and team personnel, working hands-on in the community. The community events is funded in part by Brewers Community Foundation and focus on the areas of health, education, recreation and basic needs.
Community Achievers presented by Allstate: Community Achievers presented by Allstate, recognizes residents throughout the state of Wisconsin each month during the season for displaying extraordinary efforts in their community. All adults and school-aged children throughout the state of Wisconsin are eligible to participate in the Community Achievers Award program. This month’s honoree is Michelle Serocki. Michelle and her husband founded the non-profit Brew City Bully Club (BCBC). BCBC address pit bull problems in Milwaukee through community awareness and education, owner support, low cost spay and neuter, rescue and human education. She will throw out the ceremonial first pitch prior to Tuesday’s game.
Wednesday, August 21 vs. St. Louis, 1:10 p.m.
• Brewers Community Foundation Clearance Sale: Fans will have another chance to purchase game-used items from past games and seasons as well as other Brewers items at the BCF table located on the Field Level concourse near Guest Relations (outside section 116). Items include bats, baseballs, jerseys and other items of interest.
• Kids & Senior Citizens Discount Days: For weekday afternoon home games, kids 14 and under and seniors 60 and up save up to 50% on all tickets except for Bernie’s Terrace and the $1 Uecker seats. Offer excludes all Marquee Games and All-Inclusive Areas. For more information, visit Brewers.com/fanvalues.
• Brew Crew & the Zoo: For just $20, see the Brew Crew & the Zoo. Get one Terrace Reserved ticket to select Brewers games and one 2013 adult admission ticket to the Milwaukee County Zoo (valid through December 31, 2013, tickets not valid in conjunction with any other offer), plus a free Brew Crew & the Zoo beverage tumbler.
• Harley-Davidson Crew H-D Ticket Package: For just $18, join Crew H-D and get a ticket package that includes a Brewers ticket to one of eight select games during the 2013 season and one adult admission ticket to the Harley-Davidson Museum® (valid anytime during the Museum’s normal business hours, excluding August 29-September 1). Offer ends September 16.