MILWAUKEE -- The big league Brewers and each of their top two Minor League affiliates entered play Sunday in first place, part of a strong start for the organization.
• At 124-99 (.556), the Brewers' Minor League system entered the day with the fourth-best winning percentage among all organizations, trailing the Mets (.607), D-backs (.594) and Rangers (.558). The 124 wins tied the Astros for third most, behind the Mets and D-backs (133 wins each).
• The Triple-A Nashville Sounds led the Pacific Coast League's American Northern Division with a 31-26 record (.544), two and a half games ahead of New Orleans. Right-hander Mike Fiers entered his Sunday start with 85 strikeouts, most of any Minor League pitcher, and Nashville's pitching staff led the league with a 3.42 ERA.
• The Double-A Huntsville Stars had the most wins in baseball at 39-17 (.696). The Stars began the day on an eight-game winning streak and led the Southern League's North Division by 12 1/2 games. Right-hander Tyler Cravy was leading the way at 8-1 with a 1.76 ERA in 12 games (10 starts). His ERA led the Southern League.
• Huntsville owned the second-best team ERA in the Southern League (2.90), and Class A Advanced Brevard County had the second-best team ERA in the Florida State League (2.65).
• In the Class A Midwest League, Wisconsin catcher Clint Coulter was tied for the league lead with 19 home runs and ranked second with 39 RBIs. He was Milwaukee's top Draft pick in 2011.